The term “neurologic disorder” applies to any condition that is caused by a dysfunction in part of the brain or nervous system, resulting in physical and/or psychological symptoms. The development of the human brain begins during pregnancy and continues through infancy, childhood and adolescence. This human development is at times disrupted by either by a fall, accident, aging or a diagnosis of a rare neurological condition. These conditions may include:
- Ataxia- Friedreich’s ataxia
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Creutzfeldt- Jakob Disease
- Inclusion Body Myositis
- Lambert- Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome- (LEMS)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Progressive Supra Nuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Post Polio Syndrome (PPS)
- Multiple System Atrophy (MSA)
- Prion Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Cerebella Ataxia
- Arnold- Chiari Malformation
Depending on the condition this may affect you or your loved one in different ways requiring some form of support in aiding your independence.
Compassionate Heart are here to support you and our team will adapt to your individual need.